So as we all know winter time is coming to an end, seriously excited about this.. can’t wait for spring to be fully here and the ultimate prize SUMMER!
But before I continue ranting about how I love summer time and its goodness, let me come back to the present weather. Right now I think its like winter/spring around here because sometimes the weather is warm and sunny and sometimes its just cold..
Well, I will get to the point and end my weather report lol.. So I will love to share my winter daily rountine with y’all beautiful people
Winter is the season where protective styling is highly necessary to prevent spilt ends and hair breakage because the weather condition is too cold and harsh for our natural hair, it causes it to be dry and frozen sometimes when too cold. This is the time for weaves, box braids and so many other beautiful protective styles
Here are my winter hair care rountine that works for me and can work for you too:
- washing my hair once a week– I love to wash my hair weekly to avoid product buildup and i just dont feel confortable if i dont wash my hair weekly..but if you love to wash your hair once every two weeks its totally fine
- I moisturize my hair everyday- i use conditioner and oils in my hair daily to help me retent moisture and keep my hair shiny and bouncy but its winter.. there is no bouncy so i just put my hair in a bun and I’m out the door.
- Hair mask– I love to mask my hair every week with olive oil and honey.. boy! that stuff is good. it leaves my hair super soft and easy to manage and moisturized.. its good to use it before using your shampoo so as to keep moisture in the hair #majorkey
- protective styles- i think this is the most important one for me during winter, wether its bun, halo braids, box braids, weaves or just a scarf to cover your hair or any kind of protective style, its good.. helps to retent lots of length.
- wrapping my hair before sleeping- wrapping my hair before sleeping helps to retent moisture in the hair and preserve my curls and in a protective style like braids its helps to keep the braids together to prevent them from pulling on your edges
I guess that’s basically it for my winter hair rountine.. yeah thats all I do and my hair stays happy and growing lol. I will love to know about your hair rountine for the cold weather please leave it in the comment box
Till next time, embrace your hair and love yourself!!